Monday 24 August 2015

Let's start again

Heeeyyyy! You're looking great! Have you done something different with your hair...?
Okay, it's been a while. Let's not pretend it hasn't. I'm sure we're both in vastly different places right now to when I last posted just over two years ago. For example, back then I had just finished my first year of my media degree, and was trying very hard to be a model student and follow the advice given to me to blog alongside my studies. But it didn't work. For some reason I decided to focus on reviewing films (I have left these sub-par reviews up, for posterity) but this proved to be extremely limiting, not least because I have no idea how to review films.

But that's okay, because instead I focused all my energy into my studies (definitely not into Netflix) and ended up graduating with a first, which is pretty cool! Except now I find myself workin' for the man every night and day, which leaves me with an academic hole that needs to be filled. Thus, my return to the blogosphere.

With this previous failed venture into reviewing in mind, I've decided to be a bit more... versatile with my blogging this time around. I still will most likely be discussing movies, primarily, but in less of a review sense and more of a... discourse. If you follow. Like, I wrote my dissertation about Orange Is the New Black. But it wasn't a review of OITNB, it was a discussion of the LGBT themes and its place in the broader timeline of LGBT narratives in TV. So, expect wank like that, broadly.

I'm not going to begin a new topic here, because... well I'm just not. But I promise to come back soon with some kind of rant. (Walking home from work today, in broad daylight at 6pm, some guy stopped me in order to inform me that he was "looking for a prostitute". So perhaps a discussion fuelled by this can be expected soon. We'll see.) For now, please enjoy the transformation your loving author has undergone in this hiatus. From black bob to blonde... short hair. The glasses have gotten bigger, and the selfies are now taken on phones rather than webcams. Other than that, I'm still a big idiot, so. Talk soon.

This was supposed to be a Princess Mia cosume.
Really the cereal bowl deserves all the attention here


2 comments: